United by our faith in Jesus Christ and our confession of God’s Word (1 Corinthians 1:10, Acts 2:42, John 8:31, Romans 10:9-10), the members of Mount Olive Evangelical Lutheran Church use the gospel in Word and sacrament (Matthew 28:19, Romans 10:17):
- to win the lost for Christ (Matthew 28:19, Mark 16:15, Acts 1:8, 1 Corinthians 9:21-22),
- to nurture one another in Christian love (Matthew 22:39, John 13:34, Galatians 6:10, Colossians 3:16, Hebrews 10:24, 1 Thessalonians 5:11), and
- to equip God’s people for lives of Christian worship and service (Matthew 22:37, 1 Peter 2:9, Ephesians 4:11-13, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, 1 Peter 4:10), all to the glory of God (Colossians 3:17, 1 Peter 4:11).
This congregation accepts all the canonical books of the Old and New Testaments as the divinely and verbally inspired, revealed and inerrant Word of God. It therefore submits to this Word as the only infallible authority in all matters of faith and life (2 Timothy 3:15-17). And, this congregation accepts and confesses these symbolical books without reservation, not insofar as, but because they are the presentation and explanation of the pure doctrine of the Word of God and a summary of the faith held by the Evangelical Lutheran Church:
- The Three Ecumenical Creeds, viz.: the Apostles, the Nicene, and the Athanasian
- The Unaltered Augsburg Confession
- The Apology of the Augsburg Confession
- The Smalcald Articles
- Luther’s Large Catechism
- Luther’s Small Catechism
- The Formula of Concord
This congregation is affiliated with the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod.